Travelers give high marks for the seaside in Menton, which is also known for its gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's casinos, festivals, and monuments. Top sights around the area include Casino Monte Carlo, Monaco Harbour, and Prince's Palace.
- You'll find 313 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Monaco
- The closest major airport is in Nice (NCE-Cote d'Azur), 16.4 mi (26.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Menton
The city's cultural venues include Jean Cocteau Museum and Palais Carnoles. The city's seaside and gardens provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Fontana Rosa. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Basilica of Saint Michael the Archangel and Chapel of the Penitents-Blancs.
In Menton, you'll be able to select from 128 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Riva Art & Spa - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
- Princess et Richmond - Our customers like the beach locale and convenient parking at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free WiFi, a fitness center, and a bar.
- Hotel Napoleon - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour fitness center, along with a free stocked minibar. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Top places to visit outside the city include Casino Monte Carlo, 4.7 mi/7.5 km from the heart of the city, and Monaco Harbour, which is 5 mi (8.1 km) away.
Getting Around Menton
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Menton Station or Menton-Garavan Station. Menton may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Menton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 40°F
- From April to June, the average is 78°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 73°F as the daytime average and 41°F as the nighttime average
- Menton gets about 20.98 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F