Find Hotels in Montauk, NY
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Sep 25, 2017
You could be seeing lower prices
Travelers to Montauk give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. A top sight in the city is Montauk Point Lighthouse.
- There are 58 hotels and other accommodations in Montauk
- The closest major airport is in Montauk, NY (MTP), 2.8 mi (4.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fishers Island, NY (FID-Elizabeth Field), 15.8 mi (25.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Montauk
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including South Edison Beach, Kirk Park Beach, and Shadmoor State Park. Top activities include exploring the waterfront and biking, while Montauk Marine Basin and Walking Dunes Trailhead are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Montauk Point Lighthouse and Second House Museum.
In Montauk, you'll find 58 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Sunrise Guest House - With a stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Ocean Resort Inn - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this motel. With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Hartman's Briney Breezes Motel - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its pool and quiet location.
Getting Around Montauk
With so many choices for transportation, exploring all of Montauk is easy. If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Montauk Station. You can learn about water transportation options at the local port.
Dressing for Montauk
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 49°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 77°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 55°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 67°F and nighttime averages of 28°F
- About 43.66 inches of rain falls on Montauk each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 27°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Montauk?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Montauk, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Montauk?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Montauk?
What's the best accommodation for a family trip to Montauk?
What's the best accommodation for a couple visiting Montauk?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Montauk?
Where is the best place to stay with easy access to Montauk Point?
What about the best place to stay close to Montauk Point Lighthouse?
What's the best place to stay near the beach in Montauk?
What's the best luxury hotel in Montauk?
What are some accommodations with pools in Montauk?
Recent reviews of Montauk hotels
More trip options
- Montauk Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Montauk Airports
- Hotels in Montauk Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Montauk Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Montauk
- More Hotel Options in Montauk
- More Popular Hotels in New York
- Other Hotels near Montauk, New York
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends