Travelers to Montauk give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. A top sight in the city is Montauk Point Lighthouse.
- There are 58 hotels and other accommodations in Montauk
- The closest major airport is in Montauk, NY (MTP), 2.8 mi (4.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fishers Island, NY (FID-Elizabeth Field), 15.8 mi (25.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Montauk
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including South Edison Beach, Kirk Park Beach, and Shadmoor State Park. Top activities include exploring the waterfront and biking, while Montauk Marine Basin and Walking Dunes Trailhead are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Montauk Point Lighthouse and Second House Museum.
In Montauk, you'll find 58 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Sunrise Guest House - With a stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Ocean Resort Inn - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this motel. With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Hartman's Briney Breezes Motel - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its pool and quiet location.
Getting Around Montauk
With so many choices for transportation, exploring all of Montauk is easy. If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Montauk Station. You can learn about water transportation options at the local port.
Dressing for Montauk
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 49°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 77°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 55°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 67°F and nighttime averages of 28°F
- About 43.66 inches of rain falls on Montauk each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 27°F