Visiting East Hampton
Visitors can enjoy all that East Hampton has to offer including the waterfront, aquarium, and seafood restaurants. A top sight in the area is Montauk Point Lighthouse.
- There are 112 hotels and other accommodations in East Hampton
- The closest major airport is in East Hampton, NY (HTO), 4.2 mi (6.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Montauk, NY (MTP), 14.8 mi (23.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in East Hampton
The city's natural beauty is on display at East Hampton Village Nature Trail and Wildlife Sanctuary, Cedar Point County Park, and Egypt Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are LongHouse Reserve and Pollock-Krasner House and Study Center.
In East Hampton, there are 112 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The 1770 House Restaurant & Inn - With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and comfortable rooms.
- The Hedges Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and location at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The Maidstone - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and breakfast.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Montauk Point Lighthouse, 18.1 mi/29.1 km from the center of the city.
Dressing for East Hampton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 49°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 77°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 28°F at night
- East Hampton gets about 43.66 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 27°F