Visitors to Amagansett are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's seafood restaurants and coffeehouses. A top sight in the area is Montauk Point Lighthouse.
- There are 16 hotels and other accommodations in Amagansett
- The closest major airport is in East Hampton, NY (HTO), 7.9 mi (12.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Montauk, NY (MTP), 10.9 mi (17.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Amagansett
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Napeague State Park, Atlantic Avenue Beach, and Atlantic Double Dunes Preserve. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Amagansett Square and Amelia Cottage Museum.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Amagansett. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Sea Crest Resort - This 2.5-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Hermitage - Our customers love the helpful staff and clean rooms at this condo. This 3.5-star condo features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Windward Shores Ocean Resort - This 3-star apartment features free WiFi, free parking, and 2 outdoor tennis courts. Expedia customers like its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Montauk Point Lighthouse, 13.9 mi/22.3 km from the heart of the city.
Getting Around Amagansett
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Amagansett Station. Amagansett might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Amagansett
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 49°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 26°F
- From April to June, the average is 77°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 67°F as the daytime average and 28°F as the nighttime average
- Amagansett gets about 43.66 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 27°F