Families will find kid-friendly activities in Morgantown, and visitors give high marks for the fun sporting events, college vibe, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, theaters, and restaurants.
- There are 34 hotels and other accommodations in Morgantown
- The closest major airport is in Morgantown, WV (MGW-Morgantown Municipal), 2.1 mi (3.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Clarksburg, WV (CKB-North Central West Virginia), 27 mi (43.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Morgantown
The city is well known for its live music and theaters, and Creative Arts Center is a local cultural venue. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and University Town Center is a favorite for retail therapy. Football fans will find lots to cheer about, while everyone can enjoy an event or game at Mountaineer Field, Mylan Puskar Stadium, or West Virginia University Coliseum.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 34 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Morgantown. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Courtyard Morgantown - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Morgantown / University Town Centre - Our customers like the beach locale and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Candlewood Suites Morgantown-Univ West Virginia - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour fitness center, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Ohiopyle State Park, 28.1 mi/45.2 km from the center of the city.
Dressing for Morgantown
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 58°F and the nighttime average to be 21°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 70°F during the day and 22°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Morgantown is 43.15 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 22°F