Visiting Mount Joy
Visitors to Mount Joy are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping, breweries, and wineries. Top sights around the area include Hershey's Chocolate World and Hersheypark Stadium.
- You'll find 210 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lancaster
- The closest major airport is in Lancaster, PA (LNS), 11.3 mi (18.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Harrisburg, PA (MDT-Harrisburg Intl.), 14.1 mi (22.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mount Joy
Favorite places to visit in the city include Bube's Brewery, Eastland Alpacas, and The Vineyard at Grandview. Additionally, in the area you'll find Hershey's Chocolate World and Hersheypark Stadium.
Here's a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Olde Square Inn Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
Getting Around Mount Joy
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Mount Joy Station. Mount Joy might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Mount Joy
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 58°F and the nighttime average to be 21°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 70°F during the day and 23°F at night
- Mount Joy gets about 1.54 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 24°F