Families will find kid-friendly activities in Reading, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, festivals, and theaters. A top sight in the area is Bear Creek Mountain.
- There are 49 hotels and other accommodations in Reading
- The closest major airport is in Reading, PA (RDG-Reading Regional), 3.3 mi (5.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Lancaster, PA (LNS), 24.7 mi (39.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Reading
Known for its live music, festivals, and theaters, the city's cultural venues include GoggleWorks Center for the Arts, Reading Public Museum, and Conrad Weiser Homestead. Notable city landmarks like Daniel Boone Homestead and Pottsgrove Manor might be worth a visit. The picturesque setting of French Creek State Park and Blue Marsh Recreation Area exemplify the city's natural beauty.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 49 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Reading. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Doubletree By Hilton Reading - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and overall value.
- Courtyard by Marriott Reading Wyomissing - Our customers like the overall value and pool at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom, 26.7 mi/43 km from the city center, and Bear Creek Mountain, which is 18.9 mi/30.4 km away.
Dressing for Reading
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 56°F and the nighttime average to be 21°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 23°F at night
- About 43.28 inches of rain falls on Reading each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 23°F