Visiting New Bern
History buffs will enjoy exploring New Bern, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping and riverfront.
- You'll find 366 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Jacksonville
- The closest major airport is in New Bern, NC (EWN-Craven Regional), 2.3 mi (3.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Jacksonville, NC (OAJ-Albert J. Ellis), 37.2 mi (59.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in New Bern
Cultural venues in the city include New Bern Firemen's Museum, New Bern Civic Theatre, and Pepsi Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Tryon Palace and B'nai Sholem Temple. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and Croatan National Forest.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 41 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in New Bern. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Jarvis at 220 - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and room size.
- The Captain's Stay - Our customers love the high-quality beds at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Hanna House Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for New Bern
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 69°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 34°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 79°F as the daytime average and 34°F as the nighttime average
- New Bern gets about 52.75 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 35°F