Visiting New Smyrna Beach
Travelers to New Smyrna Beach give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. Relaxing and walkable, this city also attracts tourists with its bars. Top sights around the area include Daytona International Speedway, Boardwalk Amusement Area and Pier, and New Smyrna Beach.
- You'll find 2056 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Daytona Beach
- The closest major airport is in Daytona Beach, FL (DAB-Daytona Beach Intl.), 14.5 mi (23.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Orlando, FL (SFB-Orlando Sanford Intl.), 19.9 mi (32 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in New Smyrna Beach
Cultural venues in the city include Arts on Douglas, The Hub on Canal, and New Smyrna Museum of History. The city is notable for landmarks like Sugar Mill Ruins, Canal Street Historic District, and Eldora State House. The beaches and sunrises highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including New Smyrna Beach, New Smyrna Beach Dog Park, and Lake Ashby Park.
In New Smyrna Beach, there are 968 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Black Dolphin Inn - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Night Swan Intracoastal B&B - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this B&B. Amenities at this 3-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Inn On the Avenue - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Daytona International Speedway, located 14.8 mi (23.8 km) from the city center, and Boardwalk Amusement Area and Pier, which is 17.1 mi/27.5 km away.
Dressing for New Smyrna Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 76°F and the nighttime average to be 49°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 58°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 49°F at night
- New Smyrna Beach gets about 49.76 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 50°F