Visiting Daytona Beach Shores
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Daytona Beach Shores, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, relaxing spas, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming and relaxing setting. Top sights around the area include Boardwalk Amusement Area and Pier, Daytona International Speedway, and Daytona Beach Golf Club.
- You'll find 2020 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Daytona Beach
- The closest major airport is in Daytona Beach, FL (DAB-Daytona Beach Intl.), 4.9 mi (8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Orlando, FL (SFB-Orlando Sanford Intl.), 31.8 mi (51.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Daytona Beach Shores
Families come for attractions such as Hawaiian Falls Mini Golf, Pirate's Island Adventure Golf, and Congo River Golf - Daytona Beach. The beaches, sunrises, and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty, and Max Samuely Park, Frank Rendon Park, and Beachcomber Park are worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Daytona Beach Drive-In Church and Andrinopoulos Park.
In Daytona Beach Shores, you'll find 296 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Delta Hotels by Marriott Daytona Beach - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Oceanfront - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- The Atlantic Terrace Condominium - This 3-star condo features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and a spa tub. Expedia customers love its high-quality beds and walkable location.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Boardwalk Amusement Area and Pier, 4.1 mi/6.6 km from the city center, and Daytona International Speedway, which is 5.8 mi (9.3 km) away.
Dressing for Daytona Beach Shores
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 77°F and the nighttime average to be 47°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 70°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 48°F at night
- Daytona Beach Shores gets about 49.68 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 49°F