Travelers to Newquay give high marks for the seaside and relaxing spas. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its theme park.
- There are 227 hotels and other accommodations in Newquay
- The closest major airport is in Newquay (NQY-Newquay Cornwall), 3.1 mi (4.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Newquay
Attractions like Oasis Fun Pools, Newquay Zoo, and Pirate's Quest Newquay are fun for kids of all ages. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Lusty Glaze Beach, Porth Beach, and Tolcarne Beach. Surfing is one of the top activities, while Great Western Beach, Treloy Golf Club, and Newquay Golf Club are favorite sights to visit.
In Newquay, you'll be able to select from 227 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Seavista B&B - This 4-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Invernook Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this B&B. Guests who stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast in Newquay City Centre can enjoy access to free breakfast and parking, along with free WiFi.
- Degembris Farmhouse - Amenities at this 4-star farm stay include a bar and parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and bathrooms.
Getting Around Newquay
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Quintrell Downs Station or Newquay Station. Newquay may not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Newquay
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 40°F
- From April to June, the average is 65°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 67°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 60°F as the daytime average and 42°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.02 inches of rain falls on Newquay each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 65°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 40°F