Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Newtownards, which is also known for its bars and spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffeehouses and sightseeing tours. Top sights around the area include Titanic Belfast, Belfast Botanic Gardens, and Waterfront Hall.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodations in Newtownards
- The closest major airport is in Belfast (BHD-George Best Belfast City), 8.7 mi (14 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Belfast (BFS-Belfast Intl.), 22.5 mi (36.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Newtownards
The city is notable for landmarks like Scrabo Tower, Nendrum Monastic Site, and Mount Stewart House and Gardens. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mount Stewart and Somme Heritage Centre.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Newtownards. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- La Mon Hotel And Country Club - This 4-star hotel in Castlereagh features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and free breakfast. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and quiet location.
- Anna's House B&B - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The Old Schoolhouse Inn - This 4-star inn features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its quiet location and comfortable rooms.
Top places to see outside the city include Titanic Belfast, located 9.8 mi (15.7 km) from the city center, and Belfast Botanic Gardens, which is 9.8 mi/15.7 km away.
Dressing for Newtownards
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 66°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 65°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 58°F as the daytime average and 36°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Newtownards is 1.22 inches
- June and July are usually the hottest months averaging 65°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 35°F