Visitors to Bangor are sure to enjoy the waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks and golf courses. Around the area, top sights include Titanic Belfast, Odyssey Arena, and Belfast Castle.
- There are 15 hotels and other accommodations in Bangor
- The closest major airport is in Belfast (BHD-George Best Belfast City), 8.8 mi (14.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Belfast (BFS-Belfast Intl.), 22 mi (35.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bangor
Notable city landmarks like Bangor Castle and Bangor Abbey might be worth a visit. The city's natural beauty is on display at Sunken Gardens, Marine Gardens Coastal Walk, and Castle Park. Exploring the waterfront is one of the top activities, while Bangor Marina, Bangor Golf Course, and Clandeboye Golf Course are favorite sights to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Bangor. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- 30seacliff - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and WiFi.
- Clandeboye Lodge Hotel - Our customers like the proximity to the airport and comfortable beds at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking.
- Cairn Bay Lodge - This 3-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Titanic Belfast, located 10.4 mi (16.8 km) from the city center, and Odyssey Arena, which is 10.8 mi/17.4 km away.
Getting Around Bangor
With so many choices for transportation, exploring all of Bangor is easy. To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Bangor Station. You can learn about water transportation options at the local marina.
Dressing for Bangor
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 66°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 65°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 58°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- Average annual rainfall for Bangor is 1.22 inches
- Usually June and July are the hottest months with an average of 65°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 35°F