Visiting Oak Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Oak Island has to offer including the aquarium, golf courses, and wineries. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its waterfront.
- There are 133 hotels and other accommodations in Oak Island
- The closest major airport is in Wilmington, NC (ILM-Wilmington Intl.), 27.5 mi (44.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in North Myrtle Beach, SC (CRE-Grand Strand), 35.4 mi (56.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Oak Island
A couple of favorite places to visit are Ocean Crest Pier and Oak Island Lighthouse. In the area, you'll also find Southport Marina and Franklin Square Gallery.
In Oak Island, you'll be able to select from 133 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. This is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Captain's Cove Motel - This 2.5-star motel in Long Beach features free WiFi, free parking, and a seasonal outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Dressing for Oak Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 34°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 60°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 82°F and nighttime averages of 34°F
- Oak Island gets about 55.91 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 36°F