Visitors to Southport are sure to enjoy the beaches and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cafés.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodations in Southport
- The closest major airport is in Wilmington, NC (ILM-Wilmington Intl.), 24.9 mi (40.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Myrtle Beach, SC (MYR), 54.4 mi (87.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Southport
Favorite places to visit in the city include North Carolina Maritime Museum at Southport, Franklin Square Gallery, and Old Brunswick County Jail Museum. Additionally, you might want to add Southport Marina to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Southport. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Southport - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and central location.
- Wingate By Wyndham Southport - Our customers like the overall value and central location at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Comfort Suites Southport - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and room size.
Dressing for Southport
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 72°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 82°F during the day and 34°F at night
- Southport gets about 55.91 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 36°F