Visitors to Oeiras are sure to enjoy the sporting events and beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and aquarium. Castle of Sao Jorge, Queluz National Palace, and Belem Tower are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 3378 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lisbon District
- The closest major airport is in Cascais (CAT), 4.2 mi (6.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Lisbon (LIS-Humberto Delgado), 8.9 mi (14.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Oeiras
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Gunpowder Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Carcavelos Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are National Stadium and Oeiras Parque.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 47 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Oeiras. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Vila Gale Collection Palacio dos Arcos - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and WiFi.
- Lagoas Park Hotel - Our customers like the central location and bathrooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and free WiFi.
- Solplay Apartment Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers love its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
Top places to see outside the city include Castle of Sao Jorge, 7.7 mi/12.4 km from the heart of the city, and Queluz National Palace, which is 2.9 mi (4.7 km) away.
Dressing for Oeiras
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 46°F
- From April to June, the average is 77°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 72°F as the daytime average and 46°F as the nighttime average
- Oeiras gets about 0.98 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 46°F