Visitors to Oita are sure to enjoy the hot springs. The relaxing and quaint setting also entices those visiting the city. Top sights in the city include Hells of Beppu, Oita Big Eye Stadium, and Umitamago.
- There are 331 hotels and other accommodations in Oita
- The closest major airport is in Oita (OIT), 16.7 mi (26.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Ube (UBJ-Yamaguchi - Ube), 51.6 mi (83.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Oita
Cultural venues in the city include Yufuin Motorcycle Museum, Oita City Art Museum, and Beppu Art Museum. Attractions like Hells of Beppu, Umitamago, and Harmony Land are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like B-Con Plaza, Global Tower, Hiji Castle, and Kintetsu Beppu Ropeway.
In Oita, you'll find 331 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Yunohira Onsen Ryokan Kamiyanagiya - This 3.5-star ryokan features free WiFi, free parking, and free train station pick-up. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- Yurari Rokumyo - Our customers like the helpful staff at this ryokan. Guests who stay at this 3-star ryokan in Yufuin Onsen can enjoy access to free parking and a spa tub, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Yufuin Ryokuyu - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Yufuin Onsen can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Oita include Oita Big Eye Stadium, Takegawara Onsen, and Kijima Kogen Park. One of the popular sights outside the city is African Safari, located 14.6 mi (23.5 km) from the heart of the city.
Getting Around Oita
With so many transportation options, seeing Oita is simple. Walk to nearby metro stations like Kamegawa Station, Onoya Station, and Inukai Station. If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from Oita Station, Beppu Station, or Yufu Station.
Dressing for Oita
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 59°F and the nighttime average to be 37°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 64°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 75°F during the day and 40°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Oita is 42.71 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 39°F