Visitors to Beppu are sure to enjoy the hot springs and seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's water parks, theme park, and temples.
- You'll find 217 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Oita
- The closest major airport is in Oita (OIT), 19.3 mi (31 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Beppu
The city's cultural venues include Beppu City Traditional Bamboo Centre and Beppu Art Museum. Attractions like Beppu Tower, Beppu Rakutenchi, and Hells of Beppu are fun for kids of all ages. The hot springs and seaside highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Beppu Park, Kankaiji Onsen, and Kannawa Onsen.
In Beppu, you'll find 68 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- KANNAWAEN - This 4.5-star ryokan features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and central location.
- GAHAMA terrace - Our customers like the breakfast and proximity to public transit at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free valet parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Shiosai no yado Seikai - This 3.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and free parking. Expedia customers like its dining options and beach locale.
Getting Around Beppu
With so many ways to get around, seeing all of Beppu is easy. Head over to Kamegawa Station to catch metro. If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Beppu Station.
Dressing for Beppu
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 59°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 37°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 64°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 75°F as the daytime average and 40°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Beppu is 1.50 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 39°F