Visitors to Yufuin are sure to enjoy the hot springs and lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, art, and soccer matches.
- There are 90 hotels and other accommodations in Yufuin
- The closest major airport is in Oita (OIT), 26.1 mi (42 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Yufuin
Cultural venues in the city include Norman Rockwell Yufuin Museum, Yufuin Trick Art Meikyukan Museum, and Kyushu Yufuin Folk Village. The city's hot springs and lakeside provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Kinrin Lake. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Yufuin Retro Motor Museum and Showa Retro Park.
In Yufuin, there are 90 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Yurari Rokumyo - Guests who stay at this 3-star ryokan in Yufuin Onsen can enjoy access to free parking and a spa tub, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Yufuin Bettei Itsuki - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this ryokan. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star ryokan in Yufuin Onsen can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Yufuin Kutsurogi no Yado Nanakawa - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star ryokan in Yufuin Onsen can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Getting Around Yufuin
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Yufu Station. Yufuin might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Yufuin
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 59°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 37°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 64°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 75°F as the daytime average and 40°F as the nighttime average
- Yufuin gets about 1.50 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 39°F