Visiting Old Town
Visitors to Old Town are sure to enjoy the riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's seafood restaurants and coffeehouses. A top sight in the area is Steinhatchee Falls.
- You'll find 72 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chiefland
- The closest major airport is in Gainesville, FL (GNV-Gainesville Regional), 49.9 mi (80.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Old Town
Steinhatchee Falls is a notable place to visit in the region. Additionally, you'll find Hart Springs Park and Manatee Springs State Park in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Old Town. Below is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Suwannee Gables Motel and Marina - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its clean rooms and location.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Hagen Cove, located 24.1 mi (38.7 km) from the city center.
Dressing for Old Town
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 77°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 38°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 64°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 85°F as the daytime average and 39°F as the nighttime average
- About 58.03 inches of rain falls on Old Town each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F