Travelers to Bronson will find plenty to explore and enjoy. Top sights in the area include Cedar Key Museum State Park and Steinhatchee Falls.
- You'll find 62 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chiefland
- The closest major airport is in Ocala, FL (OCF-Ocala Intl.), 30.5 mi (49.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Gainesville, FL (GNV-Gainesville Regional), 31 mi (49.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bronson
Places to visit in the larger region include Levy County Quilt Museum, Eddie Buie Park, and Chiefland Farmers Flea Market. In the area, you'll also find Dakotah Winery and Canterbury Equestrian Showplace.
As you plan your trip to Bronson, you might not find accommodations in the heart of city, but you can select from 57 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Drury Inn & Suites Gainesville is located 23 mi (37.1 km) from the heart of Bronson. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Gainesville can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Gainesville is 23 mi (37 km) from central Bronson. This 2-star hotel in Gainesville features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and comfortable rooms.
- Wyndham Garden Gainesville is 25.3 mi (40.7 km) from the center of Bronson. This 3-star hotel in Gainesville features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and bar.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Kanapaha Botanical Gardens, 21.6 mi/34.8 km from the heart of the city, and Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park, which is 23.6 mi/38 km away.
Dressing for Bronson
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 77°F and the nighttime average to be 42°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 66°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 42°F at night
- Bronson gets about 47.28 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 44°F