Visitors are sure to enjoy all that Hampden has to offer. There are 93 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Bangor, ME (BGR-Bangor Intl.), 4.6 mi (7.5 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Bar Harbor, ME (BHB-Hancock County - Bar Harbor), 31.7 mi (51 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Hampden
Places to visit in the larger region include Cole Land Transportation Museum, Bangor Municipal Golf Course, and Beal College. Additionally, you'll find Bangor Raceway and Cross Insurance Center in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Hampden, the best accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 33 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Four Points by Sheraton Bangor Airport is located within 4.6 mi (7.5 km) of the city center. This 3-star hotel in Bangor features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Pine Tree Inn is located 4.8 mi (7.7 km) from the city center. This 2.5-star hotel in Bangor features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
- Holiday Inn Bangor is 3.4 mi (5.4 km) from the city's heart. This 3-star hotel in Bangor features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Hampden
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 46°F and the nighttime average to be 6°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 27°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 64°F during the day and 9°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Hampden is 41.93 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 9°F