Visiting Olympic Valley
Travelers to Olympic Valley give high marks for the ski areas, magnificent mountain views, and lakeside setting. This quaint city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. A top sight in the area is Northstar California Resort.
- You'll find 3394 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lake Tahoe
- The closest major airport is in Truckee, CA (TKF-Truckee Tahoe), 9.4 mi (15.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Lake Tahoe, CA (TVL), 24.5 mi (39.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Olympic Valley
Skiing, hiking, and camping are top activities, while sights to visit include Squaw Valley Adventure Center, Aerial Tram, and Alpine Meadows Ski Resort. Additionally, you might want to add Resort at Squaw Creek Golf Course to your agenda.
In Olympic Valley, you'll be able to select from 116 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Red Wolf Lodge At Squaw Valley - This 3-star aparthotel features ski slopes, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its quiet location and spacious, clean rooms.
- Resort at Squaw Creek - Destination Hotels & Resorts - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this resort. With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi.
- Olympic Village Inn - With a stay at this 3-star condo, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers love its quiet location and helpful staff.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Northstar California Resort, located 7.8 mi (12.5 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Olympic Valley
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 47°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 19°F
- From April to June, the average is 73°F during the day and 25°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 36°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 65°F as the daytime average and 20°F as the nighttime average
- Olympic Valley gets about 33.78 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 76°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 20°F