Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Orangeburg, which is also known for its university setting and sporting events. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens, monuments, and cafés.
- There are 35 hotels and other accommodations in Orangeburg
- The closest major airport is in Columbia, SC (CAE-Columbia Metropolitan), 35 mi (56.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Orangeburg
The picturesque setting of Santee State Park and Edisto Memorial Gardens exemplify the city's natural beauty. The university setting is a highlight of the city and South Carolina State University is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Santee National Golf Club and Santee Outlets.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 35 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Orangeburg. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Orangeburg - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn Santee-I-95 - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Tru by Hilton Orangeburg - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Lake Marion, located 24.4 mi (39.3 km) from the heart of the city.
Getting Around Orangeburg
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Denmark Station. Orangeburg may not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Orangeburg
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 71°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 33°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 79°F as the daytime average and 33°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Orangeburg is 46.97 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 35°F