Families will find kid-friendly activities in Wrexham, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its gardens. Top sights around the area include Chester Zoo, Grosvenor Museum, and Chester Cathedral.
- There are 45 hotels and other accommodations in Wrexham
- The closest major airport is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 20.9 mi (33.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Wrexham
Favorite places to visit in the city include Racecourse Ground, North Wales Regional Tennis Centre, and Erdigg Hall. Additionally, you might want to add Chirk Castle to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 45 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Wrexham. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Wynnstay Arms - This 3.5-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Song of the River B&B - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room coffeemaker.
- Stableyard - Amenities at this 4-star guesthouse include free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its bathrooms and walkable location.
Popular places to visit around the area include Chester Zoo, 13.3 mi/21.4 km from the city center, and Grosvenor Museum, which is 10.7 mi (17.2 km) away.
Getting Around Wrexham
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Wrexham Central Station, Wrexham General Station, or Gwersyllt Station. Wrexham might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Wrexham
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 50°F during the day and 36°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 65°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 67°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 58°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- About 1.14 inches of rain falls on Wrexham each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 65°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 36°F