Visitors to Pickering are sure to enjoy the gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theme park and zoo. A top sight in the area is Whitby Abbey.
- There are 49 hotels and other accommodations in Pickering
- The closest major airport is in Durham (MME-Tees Valley), 30.5 mi (49.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Leeds (LBA-Leeds Bradford), 47 mi (75.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pickering
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and such places to visit as Dalby Forest Visitor Centre and North Riding Forest Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Pickering Castle and Beck Isle Museum.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 49 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Pickering. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- High Farm bed & breakfast - With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Belmont Bed and Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Blacksmiths at Hartoft - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. Expedia customers like its breakfast and room size.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Whitby Abbey, 14.3 mi/23 km from the center of the city.
Getting Around Pickering
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Pickering Levisham Station or Pickering Station. Pickering may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Pickering
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 72°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 61°F and nighttime averages of 34°F
- About 0.71 inches of rain falls on Pickering each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 70°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 35°F