Visiting Pocono Mountains
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Pocono Mountains, and visitors give high marks for the ski areas, water parks, and magnificent mountain views. Tourists who journey to this scenic city can discover its riverfront, casinos, and shopping. Top sights in the city include Camelbeach Mountain Waterpark, Camelback Ski Area, and Pocono Raceway.
- There are 1104 hotels and other accommodations in Pocono Mountains
- The closest major airport is in Wilkes-Barre, PA (AVP-Scranton Intl.), 26.2 mi (42.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Allentown, PA (ABE-Lehigh Valley Intl.), 28.9 mi (46.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pocono Mountains
Cultural venues in the city include Sherman Theater, Pocono Indian Museum, and Mauch Chunk Opera House. Attractions like Camelbeach Mountain Waterpark, Aquatopia, and Costa's Family Fun Park are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Jim Thorpe Memorial, Asa Packer Mansion Museum, and The Upper Mill.
In Pocono Mountains, there are 1104 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Parsonage B&B - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- The Lodge At Woodloch - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Hill Home Forge - This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Pocono Mountains include Camelback Ski Area, Pocono Raceway, and Shawnee Mountain Ski Area. Outside the city, top places to visit include Montage Mountain Ski Resort, located 24.6 mi (39.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Mohegan Sun Arena, which is 27.3 mi (44 km) away.
Dressing for Pocono Mountains
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 48°F and the nighttime average to be 15°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 77°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September averages 78°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 62°F during the day and 17°F at night
- Pocono Mountains gets about 48.78 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 77°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 17°F