Visiting Poncha Springs
Visitors can enjoy all that Poncha Springs has to offer including the mountain views, golf courses, and ski areas. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its small-town vibe.
- There are 170 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Gunnison, CO (GUC-Gunnison-Crested Butte Regional), 47.4 mi (76.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Poncha Springs
Places to visit in the larger region include Loyal Duke's Dog Park, Salida Museum, and Salida Golf Club. In the area, you'll also find SteamPlant Theater and Event Center and Arkansas Headwaters Recreation Area Visitor Center.
As you plan your vacation to Poncha Springs, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 134 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Beautiful New Townhome - 10 Minutes to Salida is 0.4 mi (0.7 km) from the city's heart. This 2.5-star hotel in Salida features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and pool.
- Salida Hotel is located 3.8 mi (6.2 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star motel in Salida can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and pool.
- Loyal Duke Lodge is located within 2.9 mi (4.7 km) of the city center. This 2.5-star hotel in Salida features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and central location.
Dressing for Poncha Springs
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 55°F and the nighttime average to be 10°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 23°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 32°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 70°F during the day and 10°F at night
- About 10.94 inches of rain falls on Poncha Springs each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 11°F