Visiting Buena Vista
Travelers to Buena Vista give high marks for the magnificent mountain views and riverfront. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its small-town vibe. Top sights in the city include Mt. Princeton and Monarch Ski Area.
- There are 265 hotels and other accommodations in Buena Vista
- The closest major airport is in Aspen, CO (ASE-Pitkin County), 47.2 mi (76 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Gunnison, CO (GUC-Gunnison-Crested Butte Regional), 48.6 mi (78.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Buena Vista
Cultural venues in the city include Buena Vista Heritage Museum, SteamPlant Theater and Event Center, and Salida Museum. The mountain views, riverfront, and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty, and Mt. Princeton, San Isabel National Forest, and Buena Vista River Park are worth a visit. Top activities include rafting and biking, while Monarch Crest Scenic Tram, Salida Golf Club, and Arkansas Headwaters Recreation Area Visitor Center are favorite sights to visit.
In Buena Vista, there are 265 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Buffalo Peaks B&B LLC - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Salida Inn and Hostel - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hostel. This 2-star hostel features free WiFi, free parking, and a free manager's reception.
- Surf Hotel & Chateau - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and breakfast.
Other top sights in Buena Vista include Monarch Ski Area.
Dressing for Buena Vista
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 11°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 24°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 34°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 67°F and nighttime averages of 11°F
- About 9.76 inches of rain falls on Buena Vista each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 12°F