Visitors to Salida are sure to enjoy the mountain views, riverfront, and art. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its welcoming locals.
- You'll find 233 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Buena Vista
- The closest major airport is in Gunnison, CO (GUC-Gunnison-Crested Butte Regional), 51.3 mi (82.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Salida
The mountain views, riverfront, and hot springs exemplify the city's natural beauty, and places to visit include Loyal Duke's Dog Park and San Isabel National Forest. Rafting, hiking, and biking are top activities, while sights to visit include Arkansas Headwaters Recreation Area Visitor Center and Salida Golf Club. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are SteamPlant Theater and Event Center and Salida Museum.
In Salida, there are 141 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Salida Inn and Hostel - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hostel. This 2-star hostel features free WiFi, free parking, and a free manager's reception.
- The Amigo Motor Lodge - Amenities at this 2.5-star motel include free parking and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and room size.
Dressing for Salida
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 55°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 10°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 23°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 32°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 70°F as the daytime average and 10°F as the nighttime average
- Salida gets about 10.00 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 11°F