Visiting Port Antonio
Visitors to Port Antonio are sure to enjoy the beaches and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music, coffeehouses, and waterfalls. Top sights in the city include Boston Bay Beach and Blue Lagoon.
- There are 80 hotels and other accommodations in Port Antonio
- The closest major airport is in Kingston (KIN-Norman Manley Intl.), 18.9 mi (30.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Ocho Rios (OCJ-Ian Fleming Intl.), 29.7 mi (47.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Port Antonio
The city is notable for landmarks like Port Antonio Square, Portland Parish Church, and Fort George. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Boston Bay Beach, Blue Lagoon, and Blue and John Crow Mountains National Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Winnifred Beach and Frenchman's Cove Beach.
In Port Antonio, there are 80 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Geejam - With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and beach locale.
- All Nations Guesthouse - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Tropical Lagoon Resort - This 3-star hotel features 2 outdoor pools, a private beach, and free breakfast. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Top places to visit around the area include Somerset Falls, 3.8 mi/6.2 km from the heart of the city, and National Gallery of Jamaica, which is 18.2 mi/29.3 km away.
Dressing for Port Antonio
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 86°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 67°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 69°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 88°F as the daytime average and 68°F as the nighttime average
- Port Antonio gets about 33.90 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while March and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 67°F