Visitors can enjoy all that Portland has to offer including the festivals and university setting. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals.
- There are 112 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Nashville, TN (BNA-Nashville Intl.), 32.9 mi (53 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Portland
Places to visit in the larger region include Kentucky Downs, Kenny Perry's Country Creek Golf Course, and Simpson County Archives and Museum. Additionally, you'll find Triple Creek Park and Octagon Hall Museum in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Portland, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 11 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Peaceful Retreat North of Nashville is 4.9 mi (7.8 km) from central Portland. This 2.5-star hotel in Goodlettsville features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Goodlettsville, TN is 22.4 mi (36 km) from the center of Portland. This 2.5-star hotel in Goodlettsville features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Goodlettsville - Nashville is located 21.7 mi (34.9 km) from the heart of Portland. This 2-star hotel in Goodlettsville features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Portland
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 23°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 88°F, while the average at night is 41°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 52°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 76°F and nighttime averages of 25°F
- Portland gets about 52.44 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 26°F