Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Portree, which is also known for its local tours and waterfront. This city also attracts tourists with its scenic and welcoming setting. In Portree, there are 59 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Portree
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and these places to visit: Old Man of Storr, Kilt Rock, and Quiraing. Top activities include taking local tours and taking a ferry, while Portree Harbour is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Skye Riding Centre and Edinbane Pottery.
In Portree, you'll be able to select from 59 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Old Pier Cottage - Amenities at this cottage include free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Conusg Bed and Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Gleann an Ronnaich Bed and Breakfast - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers love its convenient parking and quiet location.
Dressing for Portree
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 45°F during the day and 37°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 56°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 57°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 52°F and nighttime averages of 38°F
- About 1.22 inches of rain falls on Portree each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 57°F, whereas March and February are often coldest, averaging 37°F