Visitors can enjoy all that Purcell has to offer including the shopping, golf courses, and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its entertainment choices. A top sight in the area is Gaylord Family - Oklahoma Memorial Stadium.
- There are 48 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Oklahoma City, OK (OKC-Will Rogers World), 28.4 mi (45.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Oklahoma City, OK (PWA-Wiley Post), 38 mi (61.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Purcell
Gaylord Family - Oklahoma Memorial Stadium is a notable place to visit in the region. You'll also find Lindsay Municipal Golf Course and National Weather Center in the area.
Here's a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Econo Lodge Purcell - This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and location.
Getting Around Purcell
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Purcell Station. Purcell may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Purcell
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 67°F and the nighttime average to be 27°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 94°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 78°F during the day and 28°F at night
- About 38.86 inches of rain falls on Purcell each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 29°F