Visitors can enjoy all that Quitman has to offer including its restaurants. There are 55 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Valdosta, GA (VLD-Valdosta Regional), 16.8 mi (27 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Thomasville, GA (TVI-Thomasville Regional), 21.2 mi (34.1 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Quitman
A favorite place to visit in the city is Tiger Stripes Exotic Animal Sanctuary. You'll also find Kinderlou Forest Golf Club and Martin Stadium in the area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Quitman, you might not find accommodations in the city center, but you can select from 55 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the area:
- Drury Inn & Suites Valdosta, GA is 14.2 mi (22.9 km) from the center of Quitman. This 3-star hotel in Valdosta features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and proximity to shopping.
- Baymont by Wyndham Valdosta at Valdosta Mall is 14.4 mi (23.2 km) from central Quitman. This 2.5-star hotel in Valdosta features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Valdosta/Conference Center is located 14.6 mi (23.5 km) from the heart of Quitman. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Valdosta can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
Dressing for Quitman
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 76°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 38°F
- From April to June, the average is 92°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 84°F as the daytime average and 39°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Quitman is 50.63 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 40°F