Travelers to Thomasville give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its theme park and theaters. A top sight in the city is Wild Adventures.
- There are 94 hotels and other accommodations in Thomasville
- The closest major airport is in Thomasville, GA (TVI-Thomasville Regional), 7.3 mi (11.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tallahassee, FL (TLH-Tallahassee Regional), 37.4 mi (60.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Thomasville
Well-known for its theaters, the city's cultural venues include Pebble Hill Plantation, Museum of Colquitt County, and Bainbridge Little Theatre. Attractions like Wild Adventures and Tiger Stripes Exotic Animal Sanctuary are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like First Baptist Church, Thomasville's Historic Big Oak, and Lapham-Patterson House.
In Thomasville, you'll find 94 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Ashburn Hill Plantation - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express and Suites Moultrie - Our customers like the pool and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Best Western Plus Valdosta Hotel & Suites - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and pool.
A top sight in the surrounding area is The Centre of Tallahassee, located 31 mi (49.9 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Thomasville
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 76°F and the nighttime average to be 38°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 38°F at night
- Thomasville gets about 53.15 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 40°F