Travelers to Rocester will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 526 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in East Midlands (EMA), 22.9 mi (36.8 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Birmingham (BHX), 34.7 mi (55.8 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Rocester
Places to visit in the larger region include Alton Towers, Uttoxeter Racecourse, and Sudbury Hall and the National Trust Museum of Childhood. You'll also find Ashbourne Golf Club and Saint Oswald's Church in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Rocester, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 128 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Best Western Plus Stoke-on-Trent Hanley Moat House Hotel is located 15.7 mi (25.3 km) from the heart of Rocester. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Etruria can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
- North Stafford Hotel Town Centre is 14.8 mi (23.8 km) from central Rocester. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Stoke-on-Trent can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and proximity to public transit.
- New Bath Hotel and Spa is 16.2 mi (26 km) from the center of Rocester. This 4-star hotel in Cromford features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Rocester
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 35°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 66°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 68°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 58°F during the day and 36°F at night
- Rocester gets about 30.16 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 67°F, while the coldest months are March and February with an average of 35°F