Visitors to Ashbourne are sure to enjoy the bars and gardens. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its golf courses.
- There are 53 hotels and other accommodations in Ashbourne
- The closest major airport is in East Midlands (EMA), 19.9 mi (32 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Nottingham (NQT), 27.1 mi (43.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ashbourne
The countryside, hiking trails, and gardens exemplify the city's natural beauty, and places to visit include Dovedale National Nature Reserve and Carsington Water. Biking is a top activity, and Ashbourne Golf Club is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Saint Oswald's Church and Sudbury Hall and the National Trust Museum of Childhood.
In Ashbourne, there are 53 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Long Chimneys Bed & Breakfast - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- The Wheel House - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Thorpe Cottage Country Guest House - With a stay at this 3.5-star cottage, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. Expedia customers love its convenient parking and quiet location.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Ashby de la Zouch Castle, 20.1 mi/32.3 km from the heart of the city, and Newstead Abbey, which is 22.7 mi (36.5 km) away.
Dressing for Ashbourne
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 34°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 70°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 59°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- Ashbourne gets about 0.79 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 68°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 35°F