Visiting Rock Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Rock Island has to offer including the soccer matches, riverfront, and casinos. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music and churches.
- You'll find 22 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Quad Cities
- The closest major airport is in Moline, IL (MLI-Quad City Intl.), 4.1 mi (6.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Rock Island
Cultural venues in the city include Circa 21 Dinner Playhouse, John Hauberg Indian Museum, and Rock Island Arsenal Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Hauberg Civic Center and Augustana College.
Here's a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Rock Island - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and convenient parking.
Dressing for Rock Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 56°F and the nighttime average to be 14°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 86°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 70°F during the day and 15°F at night
- About 37.95 inches of rain falls on Rock Island each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 17°F