Families will find kid-friendly activities in Rolla, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its university setting and shopping. A top sight in the city is Fort Leonard Wood.
- There are 66 hotels and other accommodations in Rolla
- The closest major airport is in Fort Leonard Wood, MO (TBN-Waynesville Regional), 24.9 mi (40.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Rolla
Cultural venues in the city include Cedar Street Playhouse, Rosati Winery Museum, and Crawford County Historical Museum. Favorite family attractions include The Fugitive Beach and Tiger Typhoon Aquatic Center. The city is notable for landmarks like Akers Ferry, Fanning Route 66 Outpost, and Old Stagecoach Stop Museum.
In Rolla, there are 66 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Lafayette Manor B&B - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Candlewood Suites St Robert - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable beds at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour fitness center, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Robert - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Other top sights in Rolla include Fort Leonard Wood.
Dressing for Rolla
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 62°F and the nighttime average to be 21°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 72°F during the day and 22°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Rolla is 43.62 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 24°F