Visitors give high marks for the beaches in Rota, which is also known for its golf courses and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés and churches. Around the area, top sights include Plaza de Espana, Torre Tavira, and Cadiz Cathedral.
- There are 33 hotels and other accommodations in Rota
- The closest major airport is in Jerez de La Frontera (XRY), 17.4 mi (28 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Rota
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Corrales of Rota, Ballena Beach, and Playa de las Tres Piedras. Golfing is a top activity, and Costa Ballena Ocean Golf Club is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Luna Castle and Golfo de Cádiz.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 33 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Rota. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- ALEGRIA Costa Ballena - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and pool.
- Hostal Boutique Macavi - Our customers like the beach locale at this hostal. With a stay at this 2-star hostal, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Duque De Najera - This 4-star hotel features a marina, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and room size.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Plaza de Espana, located 9.3 mi (15 km) from the city center, and Torre Tavira, which is 9.5 mi/15.2 km away.
Dressing for Rota
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 69°F during the day and 47°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 53°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 63°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 80°F and nighttime averages of 48°F
- About 0.87 inches of rain falls on Rota each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 48°F