Visitors to Ruston are sure to enjoy the football games, university setting, and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping, parks, and festivals. Top sights in the city include Bienville Depot Museum and Bonnie and Clyde Trade Days.
- There are 16 hotels and other accommodations in Ruston
- The closest major airport is in Monroe, LA (MLU-Monroe Regional), 34.7 mi (55.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in El Dorado, AR (ELD-Goodwin Field), 48.5 mi (78 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ruston
Cultural venues in the city include Bienville Depot Museum, Bonnie and Clyde Ambush Museum, and Louisiana Military Museum. The city's natural beauty is on display at Railroad Park, J. C. Love Athletic Complex, and Lincoln Parish Park. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Bonnie and Clyde Trade Days and Vanity Fair Outlet Mall.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Ruston. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ruston - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, quiet rooms.
- Courtyard by Marriott Ruston - Our customers like the bar and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Best Western PLUS Ruston Hotel - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Ruston
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 71°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 33°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 81°F as the daytime average and 33°F as the nighttime average
- Ruston gets about 54.76 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 34°F