Families will find kid-friendly activities in Monroe, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its university setting, sporting events, and festivals. A top sight in the city is Pecanland Mall.
- There are 39 hotels and other accommodations in Monroe
- The closest major airport is in Monroe, LA (MLU-Monroe Regional), 4.3 mi (6.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Monroe
The city is well known for its festivals and cultural venues like Biedenharn Museum & Gardens and Snyder Museum and Creative Arts Center. The picturesque setting of Louisiana Purchase Gardens and Zoo and Black Bayou Lake National Wildlife Refuge exemplify the city's natural beauty. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Pecanland Mall, Duck Commander, and Antique Alley.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 39 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Monroe. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- John Thomas Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a snack bar/deli, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- Hamilton House Inn - Our customers like the central location and helpful staff at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Monroe - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Monroe
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 93°F, while the average at night is 50°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 95°F with nighttime averages of 59°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 84°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- About 54.02 inches of rain falls on Monroe each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 94°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 37°F