Upscale lodging choices in Saint-Emilion make it a great destination for luxury-minded travelers, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the wineries, local tours, and spas. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its monuments.
- There are 21 hotels and other accommodations in Saint-Emilion
- The closest major airport is in Bordeaux (BOD-Merignac), 26 mi (41.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Saint-Emilion
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Collegiate Church of Saint-Emillion, Saint-Emilion Bell Tower, and Saint-Emilion Monolithic Church. Wine tasting, taking local tours, and biking are top activities, while sights to visit include Château Guadet, Chateau Ausone, and Château La Dominique. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Le Donjon du Roy and Gate of Cadene.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Saint-Emilion. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Clos Trophin - Amenities at this guesthouse include free breakfast and an outdoor pool. Expedia travelers love its WiFi and location.
- Hostellerie De Plaisance - Our customers like the central location and room size at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features a winery, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Logis de la Cadène - Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and a restaurant. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Getting Around Saint-Emilion
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Saint-Emilion Station. Saint-Emilion might not have very many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Saint-Emilion
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 76°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 36°F as the nighttime average
- Saint-Emilion gets about 35.91 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 77°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F