Find Hotels in Salt Lake City, UT
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Oct 8, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 6, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 17, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 19, 2020
Where to stay in Salt Lake City
Downtown Salt Lake City
4/5Very Good!(3,678 area reviews)
Known for its fantastic nightlife, panoramic lake views, and popular shops, there's plenty to explore in Downtown Salt Lake City. Top attractions like Temple Square and Vivint Smart Home Arena are major draws. Catch the metro at Library Station or Courthouse Station to see more of the city.
Salt Lake Mountain Resorts
5/5Exceptional!(87 area reviews)
Salt Lake Mountain Resorts is popular for its popular ski slopes, and if you're looking for more to see and do, you might think about a trip to Alta Ski Area or Solitude Mountain Resort.
While visiting Greater Avenues, you might make a stop by sights like Wasatch-Cache National Forest and Red Butte Canyon Research Natural Area.
While you're in Rio Grande, take in top sights like Vivint Smart Home Arena or The Gateway, and hop on the metro to see more the city at Planetarium Station or Old Greektown Station.
If you're spending time in Central City, check out sights like Eccles Theater or City Creek Center and hop on the metro to see more the city at Trolley Station or Library Station.
Visiting Salt Lake City
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Salt Lake City, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting, temples, and popular theater scene. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, ski areas, and bars. Top sights in the city include Temple Square, Salt Lake Temple, and Tabernacle.
- There are 863 hotels and other accommodations in Salt Lake City
- The closest major airport is in Salt Lake City, UT (SLC-Salt Lake City Intl.), 5 mi (8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Provo, UT (PVU), 38.8 mi (62.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Salt Lake City
The city is well known for its theaters and live music, and cultural venues include Clark Planetarium, Capitol Theater, and Eccles Theater. Families come for attractions such as Lagoon Amusement Park, Hogle Zoo, and Utah State Fairpark. The city is notable for its temples and landmarks like Temple Square, Salt Lake Temple, and Tabernacle.
In Salt Lake City, you'll find 863 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City Airport - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and proximity to the airport.
- Hampton Inn Salt Lake City Cottonwood UT - Our customers like the bar and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City/Farmington - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Other favorite sights in Salt Lake City include The Gateway, Utah State Capitol, and The Summit At Snowbird. Popular places to see in the area include Canyons Resort, 18 mi/29 km from the heart of the city, and Park City Mountain Resort, which is 21.5 mi (34.7 km) away.
Getting Around Salt Lake City
With so many ways to get around, seeing all of Salt Lake City is easy. Nearby metro stations include Gallivan Plaza Station, City Center Station, and Temple Square Station. If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Guadalupe Station, Salt Lake Central Station, or Murray Central Station.
Dressing for Salt Lake City
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 58°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 22°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 94°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 72°F as the daytime average and 22°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Salt Lake City is 16.09 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Salt Lake City?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Salt Lake City, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Salt Lake City?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Salt Lake City?
What's the best place to stay in Downtown Salt Lake City?
What's a favorite place to stay in Salt Lake Mountain Resorts?
What's the best place to stay for a family vacation in Salt Lake City?
What's the best hotel for a romantic vacation in Salt Lake City?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Salt Lake City?
What's the best hotel to stay close to Salt Palace?
What about the best place to stay near University of Utah?
What are some hotels with pools in Salt Lake City?
Recent reviews of Salt Lake City hotels
More trip options
- Salt Lake City Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Salt Lake City Airports
- Hotels in Salt Lake City Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Salt Lake City Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Salt Lake City
- More Hotel Options in Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Utah
- Other Hotels near Salt Lake City, Utah
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends