Visiting Sao Miguel Island
Visitors give high marks for the beautiful gardens in Sao Miguel Island, which is also known for its waterfront and local tours. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cafés. Top sights in the city include Ponta Delgada Harbour and Milicias Ocean Beach.
- There are 513 hotels and other accommodations in Sao Miguel Island
- The closest major airport is in Ponta Delgada (PDL-Joao Paulo II), 2 mi (3.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sao Miguel Island
Cultural venues in the city include Carlos Machado Museum, Military Museum of the Azores, and Honey Route Experience. The city is notable for landmarks like Bell Tower, Ponta Delgada City Gates, and Praca Velha. The gardens and hot springs highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Milicias Ocean Beach, Antonio Borges Garden, and Praia do Populo.
In Sao Miguel Island, you'll find 513 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- White Exclusive Suite & Villas - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Herdade do Ananás - Our customers like the helpful staff and WiFi at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with in-room flat-screen TVs.
- Grand Hotel Açores Atlântico - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Sao Miguel Island include Ponta Delgada Harbour.
Dressing for Sao Miguel Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 63°F and the nighttime average to be 53°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 74°F during the day and 54°F at night
- July through September averages 78°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 54°F at night
- About 1.06 inches of rain falls on Sao Miguel Island each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 77°F, while the coldest months are February and March with an average of 53°F