Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on Feb 27, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Aug 16, 2019
Reviewed on Sep 28, 2020
Reviewed on Sep 24, 2019
Visitors to Schwangau are sure to enjoy the local tours, mountain views, and lakeside setting. Welcoming and walkable, this city also attracts tourists with its breweries. Top sights in the city include Neuschwanstein Castle and Hohenschwangau Castle.
- There are 16 hotels and other accommodations in Schwangau
- The closest major airport is in Innsbruck (INN-Kranebitten), 34.7 mi (55.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Memmingen (FMM-Allgaeu), 38.4 mi (61.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Schwangau
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Neuschwanstein Castle and Hohenschwangau Castle. Taking local tours is a top activity, and Königliche Kristall-Therme Schwangau is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Tegelberg Tram and Museum of the History of Wittelsbach.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Schwangau. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Villa Ludwig Suite Hotel - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
- Landhotel Guglhupf - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable beds at this hotel. Amenities at this hotel include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Hotel Müller Hohenschwangau - Amenities at this hotel include 2 restaurants and free breakfast. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit around the area include Linderhof Palace, located 9 mi (14.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Ettal Abbey, which is 15.2 mi/24.5 km away.
Dressing for Schwangau
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 48°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 26°F
- From April to June, the average is 68°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 59°F as the daytime average and 29°F as the nighttime average
- Schwangau gets about 1.02 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 69°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 28°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Schwangau?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Schwangau, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Schwangau?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Schwangau?
What's the best accommodation for a family trip to Schwangau?
What's the best hotel for a romantic getaway to Schwangau?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Schwangau?
Where is the best hotel to stay near Königliche Kristall-Therme Schwangau?
What about the best place to stay close to Forggensee?
What's the best place to stay near the beach in Schwangau?
What's the best luxury accommodation in Schwangau?
What are some hotels with pools in Schwangau?
Recent reviews of Schwangau hotels
More trip options
- Schwangau Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Schwangau Airports
- Hotels near Popular Schwangau Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Schwangau
- More Hotel Options in Schwangau
- More Popular Hotels in Bavaria
- Other Hotels near Schwangau, Bavaria
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends