Families will find kid-friendly activities in Sidney, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping and sporting events. A top sight in the city is Eldora Speedway.
- There are 30 hotels and other accommodations in Sidney
- The closest major airport is in Dayton, OH (DAY-James M. Cox Dayton Intl.), 26.9 mi (43.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sidney
Cultural venues in the city include Troy Main Street, Champaign Aviation Museum, and Overfield Tavern Museum. Favorite family attractions include Shelby County Fairgrounds and Idle-Hour Ranch. Notable city landmarks like Johnston Historical Farm and Piatt Castles might be worth a visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 30 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Sidney. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sidney - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Hampton Inn Troy - Our customers like the pool and central location at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn Sidney - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, quiet rooms.
Other top sights in Sidney include Eldora Speedway. One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Mad River Mountain, located 25.2 mi (40.5 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Sidney
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 55°F during the day and 17°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 32°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 18°F
- Sidney gets about 39.68 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 19°F