Families will find kid-friendly activities in Dayton, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, college vibe, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its theaters, live music, and festivals. Top sights in the city include Dayton Art Institute, Boonshoft Museum of Discovery, and National Museum of the United States Air Force.
- There are 155 hotels and other accommodations in Dayton
- The closest major airport is in Dayton, OH (DAY-James M. Cox Dayton Intl.), 9.6 mi (15.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hamilton, OH (HAO-Butler County Regional), 32.9 mi (52.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dayton
Known for its theaters, museums, and live music, the city's cultural venues include Dayton Art Institute, Boonshoft Museum of Discovery, and National Museum of the United States Air Force. Favorite family attractions include Clark County Fairgrounds and Hartman Rock Garden. The city is notable for landmarks like Carillon Historical Park, Old Clifton Mill, and Calvary Cemetery.
In Dayton, you'll be able to select from 155 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Dayton/Centerville - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, quiet rooms.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Dayton - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and convenient parking at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Downtown Dayton can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room refrigerator.
- Drury Inn & Suites Middletown Franklin - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool. Expedia customers like its bar and pool.
Other top sights in Dayton include Wright-Patterson AFB. One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Kings Island, located 29 mi (46.7 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Dayton
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 56°F during the day and 20°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 69°F and nighttime averages of 21°F
- About 41.02 inches of rain falls on Dayton each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 22°F