Families will find kid-friendly activities in Springfield, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This culturally-rich city also attracts tourists with its university setting and shopping. A top sight in the area is National Museum of the United States Air Force.
- You'll find 143 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Dayton
- The closest major airport is in Dayton, OH (DAY-James M. Cox Dayton Intl.), 21.9 mi (35.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Springfield
Cultural venues in the city include Heritage Center of Clark County, Clark State Performing Arts Center, and Springfield Museum of Art. Favorite family attractions include Hartman Rock Garden and Clark County Fairgrounds. The city is notable for landmarks like Frank Lloyd Wright's Westcott House, Pennsylvania House Museum, and Crabill Homestead.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Springfield. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Springfield - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Emma's Bed and Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and proximity to shopping at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Springfield - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Popular places to see in the area include National Museum of the United States Air Force, 18.7 mi/30.1 km from the city center, and Boonshoft Museum of Discovery, which is 22.9 mi/36.8 km away.
Dressing for Springfield
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 56°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 18°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 70°F as the daytime average and 20°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Springfield is 38.50 inches
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 20°F